No Bake, Vegan, Gluten-free Coconut - Lemon Energy Bar
Nutritional facts / bar
Makes 9 energy bars
INGREDIENTS FOR BASE :
- 40g almond flour
- 40g gluten-free oats
- 20g applesauce
- 50g unsweetened coconut flakes + extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup
- fresh lemon zest of 1 lemon + extra for topping
- pinch Himalayan pink salt (optional)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOP LAYER :
- 50g coconut oil
- ¼ canned reduced fat coconut milk
- 20g stevia
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a food processor, grind all ingredients until well blended. Be sure to turn the food processor off and scrape down the ingredients from top to mix them all in.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper; leave tops of paper sticking out so it’s easy to remove the finished dessert from the dish once it’s done.
- Press the ‘dough’ into the bottom of the dish, be sure to pack the bottom tight and press down evenly. (Be sure the sides are nice and firmly packed).
- Put it in the fridge.
- On the stove, heat the coconut oil with stevia on low until just melted, not boiling.
- Remove from heat completely and make sure the temperature is lukewarm not hot before you add the fresh lemon juice and coconut milk.
- Whisk those ingredients together to incorporate well. Pour over the base and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill or overnight.
- For a quicker serving, place the tray in the freezer for about 15 minutes to set faster, then cut into squares and serve.