Homemade Kinder Pingui
Nutritional facts / slice
Makes 5 slices
INGREDIENTS FOR BASE :
- aquafaba (water from 1 can of chickpea)
- 1 small sachet of cream of tartar
- 70g oat flour
- 30g almond flour
- 15g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40g unsweetened almond milk
- 20g stevia
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING :
- 250g plant-based yoghurt of your choice* (I used coconut yoghurt)
- 20g pea protein
- 1 tbsp stevia
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE :
- 45g +70% dark chocolate chips
- 30g unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp stevia
- desiccated coconut
1. Add the aquafaba to a high speed kitchen mixer and whisk it for about 8-12 minutes with the cream of tartar. It should look like stiff egg whites.
2. Add all dry ingredients and slowly fold them into the foam with the help of a spatula. Towards the end, slowly add lukewarm almond milk to the mixture.
3. Place parchment paper into a small baking tray ( 9x9 inch) and pour the batter into it.
4. Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes on 180 degrees.
5. While the base is baking, prepare the filling in a bowl by mixing all ingredients together. When the cake base is ready, set it on the side to cool for 30-40 minutes.
6. Cut the cake base in half, spread the filling over one half of the cake base and place the other half of the base on top of the filling.
7. Place the chocolate chips, almond milk and stevia in a bowl. You can melt it in a microwave but make sure you check it every 20 seconds and give it a whisk until all ingredients fully melted and combined. Otherwise, you can work them together over a stove.
8. Pour the chocolate sauce over the top, sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top and voila! Enjoy! :)