Healthy Breakfast Ideas
It’s time to talk about the positive side of spending more time at home these days. No more rushing around in the morning, no more time wasted on thinking about what to wear today and more certainly no more excuse to start the day without eating.
It’s great, isn’t it?
But now that you can come up with some ideas what to have for breakfast, make sure you choose the healthy options.
It’s very fibrous which can help improve your digestion. Full of antioxidants and high in protein. It gives a pudding-kind texture to your snacks. Also, it can be used as egg replacer when it comes to baking.
Black Forest Chia Pudding
- 15g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 100g yoghurt of your choice
- 1 tbsp erythritol or stevia
- 50g fresh or frozen berries
- 5 almonds
- Mix the cocoa powder, sweetener and chia seeds together. Add yoghurt to it then mix them well together.
- Let it set for about 10mins in the fridge.
- In case you go with the frozen berries, heat them up in the microwave for about 1.5 mins.
- Top up your pudding with the berries, almonds and cinnamon.
You can also prepare this the night before and enjoy it straight away in the morning.
Avocado - Beetroot Toast
Beetroot is also a great source of fiber, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C. It keeps blood pressure in check and supports brain health.
- 2 cooked beetroots
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices of toast
- Black pepper, himalayan salt
- Toast both bread slices.
- Blend the cooked beetroots, add some black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Use it as a spread on your toast and top them up with your sliced avocado.
As a bonus, why not have a bowl of fresh berries to go with it?