Chocolate Coconut Energy Crunch Bars
Nutritional facts / serving
Makes 8 servings
- 1g Rice Puffs Cereal
- 80g Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 30ml Coconut Oil
- 65g All Natural Peanut Butter
- 24g Chia Seeds
- 2ml Vanilla Extract
- 60g Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Blend the rice puffs cereal and shredded coconut in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add the coconut oil, peanut butter, chia seeds, vanilla extract and chocolate chips and blend for another minute.
2. Line a container with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture and firmly press into an even layer. (Tip: Wet your hands or a spatula to prevent sticking.)
3. Freeze for at least two hours. Cut into bars and keep frozen until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Leftovers Keep frozen in an airtight container or bag for up to two months.
Serving Size One serving equals one bar (from an eight-serving recipe). A 9 x 5.5-inch container was used to make eight servings.
Nut-Free Use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter or pumpkin seed butter.
More Flavour Add cinnamon, monk syrup, a pinch of sea salt or more chocolate chips.
Save Time/No Freezing Instead of freezing into bars, use the crumbly mixture as a yogurt or oatmeal topping. Keep refrigerated.