Blueberry Breakfast Bar
Nutritional facts / serving
Makes 6 servings
- 296g Blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 80g Monk Syrup
- 8g Arrowroot Powder
- 243g Oats (rolled, divided)
- 1 Banana (very ripe, mashed)
- 44ml Water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°F). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, smash the blueberries using the back of a fork. Combine with the monk syrup and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
3. Add half the oats to a food processor or blender to create oat flour. Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with the remaining rolled oats, banana and water.
4. Firmly press half of the oat mixture into a thin even layer in the baking pan. Spread the blueberry mixture on top and then crumble the remaining oat mixture over top of the blueberry layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and enjoy!
Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to one month.
Baking Dish An 8 x 8-inch baking dish was used to create the standard nine servings.
More Flavor Add vanilla extract, substitute half the blueberries with another fruit such as peaches or strawberries.
Additional Toppings Monk syrup, yogurt or nut butter.
No Banana Use low-sugar applesauce or pear puree instead.