Banana Mug Cake
Bananas are a healthy source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants.
Excellent pre-workout snack to boost your energy levels before a session. Bananas are a good source of carbohydrates, and are at the top of the list for fruits that spike your energy levels.
Nutritional facts / mug
Carbs: 30.5g of which
Fat: 14.4g of which
Makes 1 mug:
- 1/2 small banana
- 15ml milk of your choice - I use unsweetened almond milk
- 25g natural peanut butter
- 20g oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, walnuts
- Mash the banana in a bowl and transfer it over into a large mug. Add the peanut butter, milk, sweetener and whisk them well together with a fork.
- Add ground oats and the baking powder to the mixture and mix them into a banana bread-like mixture. In case it’s too thick, add another teaspoon of milk.
- Add topping if you like then microwave it for 1 minute on high. In case you have a weaker microwave you might want to put it back for another 20-30secs.