Apple Crumble Doughnut
Let's celebrate the last days of National Baking Week with these delicious Autumn inspired apple crumble doughnuts.
Fluffy, guilt-free, low-sugar and low calorie snacks which are perfect for your afternoon teas or morning coffees. They are also freezable for up to 2 months.
Nutritional facts / doughnut
Carbs: 7.6g of which
Fat: 5.4g of which
Makes 12 doughnuts
- 170g rolled oats
- 40g protein powder of choice
- 100g ground almonds
- 440ml unsweetened almond milk
- 30g erythritol or stevia
- 60g applesauce
- 15g coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients then add the milk and coconut oil. Whisk well to form batter. Leave it on the side.
- With the help of a teaspoon, add applesauce evenly into each hole in the doughnut mold then pour the batter into the mold.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10-13 minutes or until the edges turn into golden brown colour.
- Allow to cool for 20 mins before removing then take 3 doughnuts and a small bowl. Make doughnut crumbles out of that 3 with your fingers.
- Take the rest of the doughnuts and dip them into the crumbles up-side-down. Plate them and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Best when warm! Enjoy! :)